Unreal Engine Packaging Project For Android
1 – JAVA JDK 1.8.0_77
in this article How to Install Java JDK 1.8.0_77 do the same i did to download and install java jdk 1.8.0_77 and after download and install java jdk 1.8.0_77 go to pc icon then C Drive then Program Files then Java then jdk1.8.0_77 and copy folder path like this
then go to unreal engine then choose Edit then Project Settings and scroll to Android SDK and in the Location of JAVA paste java folder path like this
2 – SDK
in this article How to Install SDK do what i did to install sdk from android studio and after sdk installed go to Android Studio and Open SDK Manager and copy Android SDK Location and go to Unreal Engine and choose Edit then Project Settings and scroll to Android SDK and in the Location of Android SDK paste Android SDK Location path .
3 – NDK
Download NDK r21d and extract it then open ndk folder and copy ndk folder path then go to Unreal Engine and choose Edit then Project Settings and scroll to Android SDK and in the Location of Android NDK paste ndk folder path and make sure the path end with 21.3.6528147
4 – Setup Android
in the Unreal Engine go to Edit then Project Settings and scroll to Android
- in the APK Packaging Press Configure Now and Press Accept SDK button and if button greyed out that mean it accepted before .
- in the Android Package Name type com.yourcompanyname.yourprojectname
- in the Minimum SDK Version type 21 and make sure install sdk 21 in android studio sdk .
- in the Target SDK Version open android studio then SDK Manager and type latest version of sdk
- in Install Location choose Auto
- check box Package game data inside .apk
- check box Allow large OBB files .
- check box Allow patch OBB files .
- in the App Bundles check box for Generate bundle (AAB)
- in the Build check box for support arm64
- if you packaging for Oculus in the Advanced APK Packaging in the option Package for Oculus Mobile devices press Add Element option two time to add Oculus Quest 2 and Oculus Quest and check option Remove Oculus Signature Files from Distribution APK
in the Destribution Signing you must have key.keystore file and to make this file follow steps :-
- in Taskbar open Search box and type cmd and run cmd as adminstrator then copy this line
cd C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_77\bin
keytool -genkey -v -keystore key.keystore -alias Mykey -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000
after this cmd will type storing key.keystore that mean key was created